Tuesday 15 January 2013

CCE Swap Jan 2013

I was so excited when I came across a card swap group on Facebook! Every month there is a different theme & some months will take me outside of my comfort zone with different types of cards, or altered projects. I'm so excited! All of the ladies & 1 gentleman who are part of this little group so far are super fabulous!!! 

January's project was a card - it could be either for Valentine's day, a wedding or an anniversary card.
My first attempt didn't work out at all the way I planned, so I scrapped the idea & started off fresh. Here's what I came up with :


Recipe:

Papers used : 
Base - Sahara Sands SU
DCWV shimmer stack
Doodlebug sweet caks 6x6 pad
I cut out the frame using my new cameo I got for Christmas - yep I'm spoiled ;) 
I paper pierced around the edge of the card
Found some flowers in my stash & attached them with a shimmering brad
Pearls are from SU

I really like the way it turned out! I didn't use a sentiment, I thought it was a versatile card , the ladies in my group could use it for what occasion they want to!

Feel free to follow my blog, or even just leave a comment, I LOVE reading them!!!!

Till next time,
J

No comments: